mardi 24 février 2009

Scotland

Which ideas do you have about scotland?




The most popular idea about scotish people is the kilt, actually yes they still wearing it but only on important day, like weddings.
But do you really belive they are naked underneath?
Check that!!!



What else?

Are they all really playing bagpipes?
Look so difficult to play that thing!! But did you know that the instrument is originally from Egypt? It just appeared in Scotland in the year 1000 and got really popular in the French Brittany and on the west of Spain too.

Did you know that scottish tartan's had a special meaning?
Any tartans are different and they used to represent a scottish family just like a coat of arms,
So it wasn't any kind of dress up for them, was really symbolic and all the village of the clan was wearing it.


Which other thing do you associate to the country, scotch? castles? the loch ness monster? Where did you get all those images from? family, friends, media?


2 commentaires:

  1. all right I must admit those were all the ideas I had about Scotland!

    The kilt first of all, how come they don't wear it everyday?! It might be great to have nothing "underneath", and also refreshing by that cold weather =)
    I really love the first picture =) I wonder if it is Prince Charles's crown jewels we see here. Is it??

    I also think about the Loch Ness Monster... I've seen amazing videos on the net. It looked real (most of them looked real, exept one that really looked like a float...)
    I've never been there but I will.
    -> a little thought to my dog named after the monster (Nessie) who is now dead... =)

    xx caro xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What about the scotish women?? Such an injustiiiiiiiice!!

    RépondreSupprimer